Instead of providing the play-by-play of our weekend, I thought I'd just record some of my thoughts and observations over the past few days:
- I hope I never ever lose that butterflies feeling I get when my husband tells me I'm beautiful.
- Bacon tastes better after 1am, particularly when consumed al fresco.
- Although I did enjoy the movie we went to see, nothing beats the goosebumps I inevitably get whenever the Harry Potter trailer starts.
- In a cruel twist of plastic surgery and coincidence, Kevin Bacon now has a piggy nose. In related news, an android could probably emote better than January Jones (the movie we saw was X-Men: First Class, if you haven't gathered).
- I am incredibly regretful that it took us three whole years to get around to trying the breakfast burritos at our local diner. On the other hand, my thighs are decidedly the benefactors of this oversight.
- When it comes to most restaurants that have gone out of business since we moved here, we (1) never stepped foot in them while they were open, and (2) predicted their demise. We're thinking of offering up our services as restaurant consultants.
- Fireflies---no matter how much I beg them---will not glow upon command for photographic purposes.
- Chocolate and peanut butter continue to reign supreme in the contest of best flavor combination ever in the history of everdom (recipe coming soon).
- Parades are kind of boring. And a little too loud.