Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Overworked. And?

This evening over dinner, Dr. D and I noticed that when we shared our days with each other, there was a similar theme: we are feeling overworked. A little ragged, if you will. Frazzled.

We concluded that I'm overworked and underpaid, and Dr. D is overworked and overpaying. Gotta love that mounting med school debt.

Still, as I sit here with a napping husband on the couch to my left, and a napping poodle at my feet below, I really don't know that I would change anything. These are just growing pains, really. We've come so far, grown so much, and taken on a multitude of responsibilities over the past couple of years. Honestly, it's a blessing that we have jobs and school to complain about. It means we're on our way to becoming the people we set out to be, and we're doing it together. How cool is that?

Dr. D is now in his surgery rotation, which will be a lot more hours spent at the hospital and a lot more on-call time for the next four weeks. Once that's over, he'll spend the last two weeks of the rotation shadowing an ENT surgeon (ear, nose, throat). I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for some nights spent alone while Dr. D sleeps at the hospital in the on-call room. I couldn't even type that sentence without my brow furrowing and my lip pouting. Not looking forward to it.

What I am looking forward to, however, is the new camera I'll be getting in the mail tomorrow. Yes, I bought a new camera. My old one is malfunctioning (or "playing hurt" as I prefer to call it, because I refuse to get rid of it), and I need something that's fully functional because...

This weekend I was asked by some friends to be their official wedding photographer! So stoked. And nervous. But mostly stoked.

Can't wait to test this new baby out on some fall leaves before I shoot their engagement session :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation! If you'd like an answer to a more personal inquiry, you're welcome to email me at iloveDrD@gmail.com.